google-site-verification: googlee76f7648e968cdb8.html

Sunday 14 July 2013

Ardell Demi Wispies

Hello everyone!

I wanted to kick start my new blog with a trend that I have recently got back into. That trend being false eyelashes. I remember the big hype that hit every fashion magazine a good few years ago when they became all the rage, and I eagerly picked up about ten packs thinking that my beauty life had changed forever. Sad to say, I found that all lashes I tried way too difficult to apply, and even when I got them sitting on my eye line they would never stay there for very long. **Big Sigh** However, some years later I am giving false lashes another whirl (I will not be defeated!) especially by a craze that really has grown to become even more popular as the years have gone by.

My lashes of choice were the Ardell Demi Wispies which I picked up in Superdrug for £5.49 - click here to view.  The reason I opted for these ones was the fact they had graduating lashes, starting shorter in the inner corner and then working to a fully beautiful lash on the outer corner giving the eye quite a dramatic, but natural look. A good tip I picked up before applying false lashes was to remove the lashes from the box and wrap them around my index finger for a few seconds to give the lash band a bit of a curl. This helped the lashes to sit on my natural lashes much easier. I used the Duo eyelash glue (and not the glue that comes with the actual Ardell lashes) simply because I like the fact the glue dries clear after application. I was lucky and didnt have to cut the lashes to size as they seemed to fit my eyes perfectly, but I would recommend checking this before you apply the glue.

Here is a close up image of one eye, to show you the effect the lashes gave after application.

I chose to wear these lashes during a lazy Sunday, but I think you could wear them with a nice smoky eye for evening and they would look lovely. The overall comfort level of the lashes was pretty good too. It is always handy to keep a tube of lash glue in your make up bag, just in case the edges start to creep up from your natural lash line, but lucky I didn't have any problems with that. I can honestly say that this time around my experience with false lashes has been much happier and successful. I have got my eye on a few other types of lashes that happen to be a bit bolder in style that I want to try, but I may hold off until I have a night out on the tiles to put them to good use. Hopefully I will be going to a 1920's themed party in September so I have a few months to experiment some 1920's make up looks! Perfect! 

Here are a few additional shots of the lashes after application:





What lashes have you tried and would recommend? I would be interested to get your thoughts and suggestions! 

Love and hugs
Caz 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment